Mediphors, A Literary Journal of Health Professionals
I arrive at work in the intensive care unit of County Hospital and Lila, the unit coordinator, informs me without so much as a hello, that JC has been declared legally dead.
THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD
Cricket Magazine, September 1999
When Bushra told me she was moving--moving all the way to Pakistan--I said, "You can't. That's the other side of the world. You can't do that to me."
She dropped her book bag onto the floor, sat on my bed, and faced me. "I have to go. My parents have already sold the restaurant."
Cover by Kenneth Holcomb
Delacorte Press, New York
• ISBN (Hardcover): 0-38-573364-X
• ISBN-13 (Hardcover): 978-0-385-73364-9
• ISBN (Library Binding): 0-38-590379-0
• ISBN-13 (Library Binding): 978-0-385-90379-0
• Release date: July 10, 2007
• Pages: 240